The Week of October 15th
STAND UP for Others Week
When you see someone being bullied, be brave and STAND UP for them. Bullies have been known to back off when others stand up for victims.
If you don’t feel safe get the help of an adult immediately. Be part of the solution — not the problem!
It’s a time to see everyone’s differences and celebrate their similarities: Whether students are LGBT, African American, Asian, Muslim, AAPI,of Tribal descent or disabled …make friends.
Students can participate by
- Creating positive messages on post-its and handing them out to students at school
- Hold a “kindness” dance at school
- Creating anti-bullying videos and sharing them on the STOMP Out Bullying site
- Sharing inspirational stories on the STOMP Out Bullying site
- Create a kindness dance flash mob at school or in your community. Make a video of it and send it to us. We’ll share it on our web site.