- 1 Community Resources
- 1.1 Kansas Legislative Sessions & Resources
- 1.2 Lunch & Learn Series by Willow Domestic Violence Center
- 1.3 Low Cost, Sliding Scale or Free Health Care
- 1.4 Heartland Community Health Center
- 1.5 NE KS Community Action Program NEK-CAP
- 1.6 Low Cost, Sliding Scale or Free Dental Care
- 1.7 UMKC School of Dentistry
- 1.8 Kansas City CARE Clinic
- 1.9 Jefferson County Resources
- 1.10 Community Pride
This page is brought to you by the Keystone Social Workers & Service Providers.
Check often for updated and new resources concerning Health Care, Food, Shelter and Safety and Parenting. Contact Keystone to add your information or event.
Find your Legislator, Bills and current happenings.
Lunch & Learn Series by Willow Domestic Violence Center
BRING YOUR LUNCH AND JOIN US FOR A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE!
Paul Ladipo, Willow Domestic Violence Center Presents
“Male Survivors of Intimate Partner Violence”
Thursday March 16, 2017 Noon-1pm
Little Red Barn, 410 Liberty, Oskaloosa
SPONSORED BY WILLOW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CENTER
For more info call 785-330-3595
Internships and Volunteer opportunities available. Click here.
Low Cost, Sliding Scale or Free Health Care
The Jerry White Family Care Clinic
1212 Walnut St, Oskaloosa, KS 66066
• Where: Jefferson County Health Department, 1212 Walnut, Oskaloosa, KS 66066, 785-863-2447
• When: Monthly (Note that clinics are now scheduled on Mondays)
• Clinic hours: Appointments start at 1:00. Call 785-863-2447 for an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome and will be seen as time allows. Walk-ins must check in prior to 2:30.
• Requirements: Must reside in Jefferson County and show proof of residency and be uninsured
• Cost: Sliding Fee Schedule, Based off of the annual Federal Poverty Income Guidelines
A federally funded clinic, HCHC provides a variety of integrated health services. There is a sliding scale fee to assess patients for service. No one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
346 Maine St., Suite 150
Lawrence, KS 66044
NEK-CAP provides comprehensive education and social services to low-income community members through collaborative partnerships focused on promoting family development, empowerment, and economic security. Download NEK-CAP newsletters. For approximately forty-nine years, NEK- CAP , Inc.’s resolve has remained constant in their effort to assist low-income families in their journey to become economically secure.
Low Cost, Sliding Scale or Free Dental Care
Marian Dental Clinic is located at 3164 SE Sixth Street in east Topeka. Hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The Clinic is closed between noon and 1:00 those days and closed all day on Fridays.
Fees are based on a sliding scale of discounted prices, determined by the patient’s income and the dental procedure. Children covered by Medicaid and Kancare/Healthwave may be treated at no charge for covered services. No one is turned away for an inability to pay. Call 233-2800 to determine if you are eligible for dental services.
Currently 2-3 month wait for screening (10/13)
650 East 25th Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
Phone: (816) 235-2100
Fees average one-third to one-half the cost of private care and must be paid in-full when services are delivered. The School of Dentistry accepts Missouri Medicaid payments. If you have KanCare (formerly known as Kansas Medicaid), please contact the patient accounts office at (816) 235-2122 to discuss your benefits and what care is covered. We also offer a monthly payment plan with approved credit, and we accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover for payment. Please feel free to contact the patient accounts office at (816) 235-2122 for additional details concerning insurance or payment plans.
Provides a large variety of medical, dental and mental health services. In order to be served you must complete a pre-registration screening. Call 816-753-5144. Currently only provide Dental to existing patients. To make an appointment for dental, call 816-777-2790.